Think ahead. Consider what you want to do and how long it will take before you start. For instance, you might only need an hour or so to prepare your clothing and shave your beard. Yet, you will need all the time you can get if you want to style your hair and apply makeup. Try to complete some tasks in advance if you need to finish something quickly. As an illustration, plan your attire the night before.
Before you leave for work or school, do your hair.
Touch up your roots a few days before dying your hair.
Take a bath.
Being clean plays a big part in appearing nice. Do whatever other grooming tasks you have, such as shaving your legs, exfoliating your skin, or touching up your roots with hair color, while taking a shower. After taking a shower, don’t forget to apply deodorant. Additional grooming practices in the shower include:
- Conditioning will make your hair silky and shiny.
- bathing to unwind before the party
- using a loofah to scrub away dead skin from your skin.
Hydrate your skin.
Apply moisturizer to your skin after a shower to make it gleam and restore any damaged skin cells. If you enjoy taking hot showers or have just exfoliated your skin, this step is very crucial. Moreover, you should wait 30 minutes after moisturizing before applying any makeup because it can run.
- To give your legs a beautiful shine after shaving, moisturize them with baby oil.
- Use a specific moisturizer for skin that is prone to acne if your face is oily.
- Use a tinted or shimmering moisturizer for special occasions.
Adjust your hair.
When styling lengthy hair, you might need to blow dry it. You can let your short hair air dry if you have any. There are a tonne of useful YouTube tutorials that can teach you how to style your hair if you don’t already know how. Alternatively, if you’re going to a more formal occasion, think about getting your hair professionally groomed.
You’ll need a blow dryer, a brush, a straightening iron, and soft styling spray to straighten your hair.
- You’ll need some setting hairspray, curlers, or curling iron to curl your hair.
- For a polished appearance, men can style their hair with pomade or gel.
Apply any cosmetics.
If you intend to wear makeup, do it after you’ve styled your hair. While applying your makeup, start with the foundation and let it dry completely before adding any finishing touches, like blush or mascara. You can also draw attention to certain facial characteristics. For instance:
- Use liquid eyeliner to draw attention to your eyes.
- Use bright lipstick to accentuate your lips.
- Wear a premium foundation to highlight smooth skin.
Manicure your nails.
Clean nails make everyone appear better. Use soap and water to remove the grime from under your nails if you want to keep things simple. Then, file the ends of your nails to remove the sharp edge. If you enjoy painting your nails, pick a vibrant shade that goes well with your face makeup and clothing.
You can either go to a nail salon or paint your nails at home.
Consider the occasion.
The invitation will specify what to wear if you’re going to a formal function. The party’s clothing will also change depending on the venue. For instance, if it’s chilly outside and you’re going to a party outside, you might want to pack a coat. Additional illustrations include:
- Bringing a towel and swimsuit to a pool party
- Attending a black-tie event in a formal clothing
- Choosing to attend a business casual event in a good pair of pants and a button-up top
- presenting a stylish look to pals while attending a party.
Dress in a way that accentuates your body type.
You might look your best in particular types of apparel depending on your body shape. Women who have an hourglass form, for instance, should select outfits that pinch in around the waist.
Pear-shaped women should wear flowing tops to draw attention to their upper bodies.
For men with an inverted triangle body type, tailored clothing that accentuates the shoulders is best.
To draw attention to their legs, women with rectangle-shaped bodies should dress in short skirts and heels.
Consider your skin tone when choosing to clothe.
What colors appear nice on you will depend on the hues of your skin tone. The three main categories of skin tone are cool, warm, and neutral. Start by examining the veins in your arm. If they look blue, your skin tone is chilly. If they appear green, your skin tone is warm. You may have a neutral skin tone if they appear to be a shade in between.
- Cool skin tones can look good with purple, blue, and green colors that have cooler undertones.
- Earthy hues like red, deep yellow, gold, and brown look best against warm complexion tones.
- Both warm and cold hues look excellent on neutral skin tones.